#4 (80 pts) due date: May 4
Neuroscience in action:
is designed to acquaint you with how scientists present and talk
about scientific research, and to encourage you to learn about
neuroscience in an interactive, informal setting that complements the
SUBMIT ALL ASSIGNMENTS TYPED AND
- DO NOT TYPE YOUR
INCLUDE THE LAST FOUR DIGITS
OF YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ON ALL
- BE BRIEF AND TO
Part 1. 60 points
- attend 3 supplemental instruction sessions
- the exam review sessions MAY NOT BE USED to fulfill the
assignment requirement fror attendance at a recitation session
- only ONE can be Neuroscience goes to the Movies.
- submit a ~ 300 word critique for each of the sessions and
include the following
- why you chose this session
- what you learned
- whether the session complemtned the lecture or not. explain
- questions raised in the session
- if you choose to write a critique of a movie, include a
discussion of whether the neuroscience component of the film was
Part 2. 20 points
- attend a research seminar in Biology,
Psychology or Biochemistry
- submit a ~ 300 word critique for the seminar and include
- why you chose this seminar
- summarize the main point of the seminar
- explain why the speaker conducted the study
- your opinion about the seminar presenatation
- was it clear?
- was it organized?
- did the speaker relate to the audience well?
- how were the questions handled?
- did you find the seminar interesting?