• Marcelo and Emily’s paper on coordinated singing in hermit hummingbirds appears in Animal Behavior.
• Congratulations to Erina, who has accepted a College Researcher position at the CUNY School of Medicine working on spinal cord injury
• Lab alum Alexa Martinez is heading to Oregon to start her dream job as a Fish Biologist with the USFWS. Bon voyage, and we’ll miss the tamales!
• The Wright Lab welcomes Greg Kohn, our new postdoc on the budgie FoxP2 project. Greg comes to us from the West and King Lab at Indiana University, where he studied social networks and individual behavior in cowbirds.
• Angela, Aldo and Tim give presentations at the SICB meetings in New Orleans and enjoy the unique delights of the town.
• Tim visits Brian in Puerto Rico to meet with collaborators and observe a highly successful parrot conservation project in action.